May 25, 2012
Tonight we enjoyed this melange of health to prepare for a weekend of Shake Shack burgers and Nathan’s dogs (I may hit my crinkle-cut fry quota for the season).
The kale and radish hail from this week’s Bartel-Pritchard Square Greenmarket, Windsor Terrace, Brooklyn.
Happy grilling out/barbecuing/cooking out or however you enjoy your holiday weekend eating!
Kale Salad with Carrot, Radish, Quinoa and Raisin
- 1/4 C nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 C apple cider vinegar
- 1 T agave nectar
- 1/4 C Extra-virgin olive oil
- generous pinch of salt
- 1/2 lb. kale leaves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 C raisins
- 4 large radish, halved and thinly sliced
- 4 medium carrots, finely grated
- 1/2 C raw almond, chopped and toasted
- 1/4 of a small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 C cooked quinoa (I used tricolor, any type is fine)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Small can smoked trout, drained and flaked, optional
- In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients to combine; set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the kale, raisins, radish, carrots, almonds, red onion and quinoa. Pour the dressing over and toss with tongs until evenly coated. Season to taste with the salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours for flavors to blend. Top with smoked trout if desired.